Monday, September 12, 2011

iMovie

        For my multimedia project I decided to utilize iMovie.  For the first time in this class this was a program I have used before.  I have used iMovie ever since i purchased my laptop in 2008.  In the past i have used iMovie to create personal movies from videos I have taken with my video camera.  The reason why I use iMovie is because it is very user friendly.  It is nice to clean up videos and combine them into a bigger movie.  While it not have as many editing features as a $800 movie program it has enough for the casual user to get by.  It connects to all of your apple accounts such as iTunes and is very easy to publish either on your computer or online.
         When it comes to the classroom iMovies abilities are only limited by your own personal creativety.  A teacher can make their own videos for classes.  You can put together and edit videos from group projects.  You can make video lectures that your students can view online.  If you can dream it you can do it with iMovie.

Here is the link to the movie on Youtube



1 comment:

  1. Indeed an amazing tool. I, too use this, usually to pull several little related videos together, edit, throw in some pics, annotate, add music or dub over, etc.
    Please take a few moments to add your comments relating to application in the classroom (even though you touch on this in the video).

    I was wondering how hard it would be to actually demonstrate in your video how you are actually using iMovie (demo how to bring in a clip, edit, publish, etc.) so viewers could actually SEE in addition to HEAR. Let's talk, as you are much more of an expert in this area than I.

    ReplyDelete