Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Screenr


I recently learned how to make my very own screen capture video using the website Screenr.com.  First off I would like to say out of all of the online tools I have learned thus far, Screenr is by far the most user friendly.  Right when you get to the website there is a one minute tutorial video that you can watch to learn the basics.  After watching the video I immediately began to record my own screen capture video with just the push of a button.  What I love is there is no download, sign up is as easy as creating a screen name, and no steep learning curve.  Once you push the button a window pops up that you can resize and then put wherever on your screen you want to record.  You can pause in the middle of the recording and can record up to five minutes.  After you record your video it is easy to embed or post on youtube.  There are so many ways that a teacher can use Screenr in the classroom.  For example the teacher can record their own study guides for students, or even have them use Screenr to make a presentation.  This was my first time using Screenr, but it definitely will not be the last!

my practice Screenr

1 comment:

  1. Yep, one of my favorite and most practical applications in my tool bag

    ReplyDelete